Saturday 30 September 2017

Jaguar XJ-S : The total driving experience - part II

As said, I ordered this analogue/digital converter last week and today I could hook up the whole lot to make the digital recording. So, here is the music centre I bought. It's a classic one which many people had in the seventies/eighties. This particular one is a Rotel RM-5010. For those who are into audio will know it's a high end device. With it I bought a pair of Wharfdale XP2 speakers as I could make a nice package deal. I suspect the complete set belonged to each other as they seem from the same time period - late seventies. Surprisingly everything was in working order, even the turntable was working. However when I wanted to use it again today it was no longer working. When I checked I noticed the belt was dropped off as it was worn out (stretched and dried out). Guess when I tried last week I was Lucky. But after so many years unused I'm not surprised. They seem still to be available and can be ordered, so should be ok. I'm very pleased with it and will furhter hook it up properly in the garage. The sound is incredible good and very warm. Also the switches and usage of this device feels so solid and good, including the materials used. Just wow!

Interestingly I bought a very specific "car"record in Japan last month so this music centre comes in quite nicely. On my return today the record was waiting for me. Guess that have to wait for next time and it's not XJ-S related either. So I will not bother you with that.

In any case, here the music set up:






That's all it takes. The converter came with a software package as well. I jacked it up using the USB to the headphone connector on the music centre. Then pressed play and recorded the whole lot. Afterwards I converted the recording into MP3. With Windows Moviemaker I added a picture and put the MP3 onto it and converted the whole lot into a WMV. Uploaded it to YouTube and Presto!
So now everyone can listnen what's on the tape, or perhaps reuse it and record it on a tape :-)

Enjoy (easy sharing link: https://youtu.be/siCD7hbXi2I )




and Side 2. Not sure if the content will be audiable since I expect YouTube will block it due to copyrights. (easy sharing link: https://youtu.be/_ynDtFWFGWE):




1) O Fortuna (from "Carmina Burana"- C. Orrf) London Symphony Orchestra & Chorus, Andre Previn, Conductor 1975 EMI Records Limited"
2) Wichita Lineman; Glen Campbell
3) You Can Do Magic; America 1982 Capitol Records Inc
4) Tonight, I Celebrate my Love; Peabo Bryson/Roberta Flack 1983 Capitol Records Inc
5) Imagination; Ned Werke
6) Pageant; R Harvey, Royal Philharmonic of London

Selection 1-4 under license from capitol records, inc or EMI Records Limited.

No comments:

Post a Comment