Tuesday 26 September 2017

Jaguar XJS : "The Total Driving Experience" tape

A while back I saw another XJS for sale and out of curiosity I checked the advert. To my great surprise I noticed this specific cassette that was displayed on one of the advert photo's :


It's an item I was unaware of and not had seen before. And clearly I had to have it. So I reached out to the seller and asked if he wanted to sell it seperately. But the answer was a firm "no". Regardless I offered him a very good price but without joy.

Further checking learned they created a whole series for the entire Jaguar range. At one time I saw it offered on Ebay for a very steep price:


And now a year later I finally saw one offered seperately. Of course the shipping cost is ridiculous but I ordered it instantly:


And it arrived last week. I was very curious to find out what was on it:







As such I played it on my car radio cassette player. The first side is a complete lecture about the car and the stereo. Very cool. And the other side is a very fine music play list.

I have now ordered an analogue/digital converter device so I can record it on my laptop and put it on YouTube. Potentially side 2 will be blocked by YouTube due to the copyright of the music but I will give it a shot. I will for sure let you know which songs are on it. Am now awaiting for the converter. Meanwhile I also bought a vintage seventies music centre at the local thrift shop to play the tape and connect it to the converter. Watch this space.

Oh, by playing the tape I figured out it's an item that likely was presented with USA cars only.

No comments:

Post a Comment