Saturday 28 January 2017

more antenna

The new ordered antenna arrived earlier this week and today I have been installing it. Unfortunately and as expected the replacement model was slightly different. Especially to get the motor properly connected to the original holding bar had to be reworked. Luckily it did came with some small bar which I bend and fixed it the Original holder. Now it's nicely attached and in the correct location. I'm not sure how this was supposed to be fitted with only that pre-drilled strip. The new antenna did also came with a strap-on "12 sec delay switch/relais". I feared that the old was flaky and maybe had to order a new one as well. But this was now not needed. Also the old wiring could be reused and hooked up simply. When all was connected up I turned on the radio and it was working perfectly. Really pleased with this small job. However when further working out the radio cabling and speakers it came to light the radio seems not to be 100% functioning. When on radio mode there was no sound. But when using the cassetteplayer the sound was ok. Bummer! By now I also found out the radio was missing a specific front cover. So now I need to hunt for complete new one again. Sigh!






No comments:

Post a Comment