Friday 24 March 2017

Jaguar XJ-S Toolkit

A while back I had seen the XJS should also be equipped with a toolkit. The spare wheel and jack where luckily present. Having the jack and a spare wheel is useless if you can't take the wheel nuts off using a wheel brace. I'm not sure where I read it but if I'm not mistaken the XJS were not standard equipped with a toolkit (except for the spare wheel and jack), it was an optional item. Apparently various toolkits exist for Jaguars so I had to be sure to get the right one. According to Jaguar classic car parts this is the correct one for my car (1984) - up to VIN171053:

I found this one but I couldn't agree on the price with the seller:



When asking on FB someone remarked this wasn't the right one for me as it was equipped with the small emergeny handle (next to the screw driver) which was only available for cars equipped with sunroofs. Which mine does not have. Typical enough you will see in the parts picture above it's not listed as a numbered item.

When I purchased my radio it turned out that person did also had the toolkit I was after. And it arrived earlier this week. Also the price was very reasonable: € 85,- incl shipping from the UK to NL.

I noticed the Jaguar sticker was placed correctly (the one above seems to be put upside down). The emergency handle was missing (which I was aware off ). And the screwdriver seems to be different and did not had Jaguar printed on it. It looks slightly used and scratched as well. But it fits so perfectly well it's hard to believe it's not Original. Then again, Í can see it's made in Germany though, which is a little suspicious. Only the spanners are printed with the Jaguar logo and made in England. In any case, I'm very happy with this supplement as the car has become more complete now.





4 comments:

  1. I have one in 10/10 condition (mint). Let me know if you are interested (cheap to a good home) fouronesix707-7070(toronto). See this page: http://www.welshent.com/product_info.php?sku=JLM1856&name=Tool_Kit_-_XJ6_XJS&cPath=596_597

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for offering but I'm fine with the toolkit I have now. I have added your company to the side bar under the parts section.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hallo Erwin,

    Mooie tookkit, maar hoort er in jouw XJ-S niet de lange rechthoekige toolbox? De schroevendraaier is overigens inderdaad niet correct, dat moet een gele transparante zijn. Kan ik je eventueel toesturen voor € 10,- + verzendkosten.
    Het handeltje is van het open dak en als je geen open dak in de fabriek had besteld, kreeg je het handeltje ook niet in je toolkit.

    mvgr

    Job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hoi Job, dank voor je reactie. Zover ik kon nagaan hoort de lange rechthoekige toolbox bij de nieuwere type XJS. Het handeltje hoort inderdaad bij een type met schuifdak.
      Voor € 10,- incl. verzendkosten ben ik akkoord.

      Delete