Friday 11 May 2018

Front dismantling - Part III

So, today the last part as I managed to get all parts off.

Starting with the fan, turns out it simply had to be unscrewed from the poulie. Looks to be in a good shape. Requires cleaning only. I believe I read somewhere that these fans appears to be troublesome. Need to have this double checked.



So now it looks like this:


 Next removing the airco compressor:




And now it looks like this:



Removing the spanner/tensioner to free up the waterpump


And now it looks like this:


And removed another tensioner:


Decided to remove the alternator as well:




Looks like an Original Lucas alternator but without any further markings regarding model/type:


Removing another tensioner (steeringpump). I'm leaving this pump alone. Tensioner needs to be removed to free up the waterpump:



Bought some new tools. Some other tools were worn out and I didn't want to take the risk for molesting screws which is a nightmare. The soft hammer was needed to gently hit the waterpump.



 Removing one front mounting of the waterpump. First I had the sensor unscrewed and then the other screws and softly hit it with the rubber hammer to get it off.


This now reveals another screw underneath which is now accessible to be unscrewed.



And this is what is looks like with the detached waterpump




I'm still very much in doubt regarding the oil cooler. On some Jaguar Expert blog they claim the oil cooler is not necessary. So they created a bypass hose for it. I'm of the opinion it is necessary, especially when making long distance at high speed. Or else in clogged traffic. So I'm definately keeping it. The radiator looks in good shape. But I'm not sure about the hoses, they are a bit hardened and look normal though.





So by now I managed to get everything out. Next step will be a lot of cleaning. Not sure on how clean I want to make it.

High level plan:

1) I decided to get the airco compressor refurbished instead of buying a new one.
2) I also want the alternator to be refurbished.
3) The waterpump, either a complete new kit or get it refurbished.
4) Reuse the radiator but buy a complete new hose kit
5) oil cooler and hoses. Still in doubt.
6) New Condensor and dryer, already bought.
7) All new belts
8) New spark plugs since the airco pump is removed they are easy accessible.
9) Thermostat and sensors
10) Other bits and pieces, gaskets, etc.

Watch this space.

1 comment: