Monday 31 December 2018

Parts sanding & spraying

Last saturday I brought some parts away to get these properly sanded and resprayed. As you can see these items are in a very poor state. I have no intention to make my car in a concour state but still like to get it nicely put together. Besides these parts are very visible in the engine bay. Hence I would like to have this professionally done rather than doing a bit of sanding myself and spraying with a can.

I do happen to know a company nearby who will get this done: https://www.vocor.nl/ They are only a 5 min drive from where my car is located. When bringing these parts they were interested for which car it was. Once I told them it was for a XJS they were quite enthustiac. It turns out they had some Jags in their workshop so I got a little tour. Nice!

I still wasn't sure what kind of black paint had to be applied; matt, satin or gloss. So for this I made a FB posting and got some interesting feedback:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4185237245/permalink/10156878779562246/

So all parts will become black with satin finish. Only the bleedpipe will be done in grey satin. Due to the current workload it will take them up about 2 weeks. Which is fine because I still need to get my new waterhoses. Plus I hope to source a refurbished aircopump meanwhile ...


No comments:

Post a Comment