Saturday 1 June 2019

Brass banjo bolt radiator bleeder pipe + headlight bezel repair

I'm still awaiting for the headlight clip to be reproduced. Meanwhile I had a closer look at the headlight bezel (surrounding trim). Both have issue's regarding the mounting area, meaning teared and broken off. The chrome is also a bit poor but luckily this is only the sides that are not visible when mounted. I was considering to buy new ones but they are a bit pricey:



In order to have this fixed I bought some fiberglass pasta. A bit sticky material and difficult to mould. But it worked out ok in the end. With a Dremel I was able to grind it and smooth the surface. Happy with the end result though.



Yes, the mounting clip is not squared but it suffice for me. I will polish it later for now it's at least nicely and firm attached.




And another item purchased recently is an upgraded banjo bolt for the radiator bleed pipe. I read about it on this marvelous website:  https://foreverxjs.com/xj-s-parts

I was pleasantly surprised about the engraved Jaguar logo on top off it, which wasn't shown on the Ebay advert photo's. It looks the business!

How cool is that:

Old setup:



 And replaced, what a cool improvement:




No comments:

Post a Comment