Saturday 15 April 2017

Fill it up and drive

Tomorrow I'm planning the first long trip with the XJS since my purchase. Yesterday I ran out of gas just 50 meters before arriving at home - sigh! The fuel pump became very noisy beforehand, so that was a clear indicator. I filled it up with 5 Liter and today I have been filling it up completely. A total of 87 Liters went it to it. So yes, the gastank does have a total of 90 Liter. It was an expensive one as I used Shell V-Power. And now by magic the fuel indicator is almost working again. It now shows it's full for 75%  I would have at least expected the orange fuel indicator would lit up when completely empty. I did test that functionality on the last occassion.

I'm still not happy how the car is driving. I still sense these vibes and noises. Although quite less since the front caliper fix. Perhaps the rear calipers have stuck pistons as well? Or maybe it's the shaft propellor (worn CV joint). Or just the automatic gearbox (despite it has been renewed in the past).

In any case, I think a good long drive will do the car justice. We did plan a route on the border between Limburg and Belgium:

http://www.reisroutes.be/autoroutes/autoroute-drielandenpunt-182-5.aspx

But now it appears it's partly occupied due to the Amstel gold race. Sigh, I was looking forward to it as it appears to be a nice curvy and slightly hilly area. So now we maybe go to a different location.


No comments:

Post a Comment