Monday 25 December 2017

New used Starfish rims and tyres

Last weekend I purchased a complete set of rims with very good tires. They were located in Germany not far across the border. I had spotted them already a while ago and decided to go for it. The guy in question had in fact 2 complete sets but 1 set was with good tyres. So I agreed with him a fair price. I nicely could combine this with a city trip to Düssseldorf and do a little shopping with the family, win win.

The reason for purchase was two fold. With a spare set I could easily get the one on the car reconditioned with little hassle. And now I have as well a complete set of good tyres. Last year my car passed the MOT but it did had a remark on the rear tyres, see blog:

http://erwinxjs.blogspot.nl/2017/03/mot-pass-apk-goedgekeurd.html

The remark was only about the profile being just sufficient. But knowing the overall state of them it is even more surprising there wasn't a comment about them being dried out and worn out, or should I say torn. I would expect this would be a MOT fail. Have look yourself:




Surprisingly the previous owner had only the front tyres replaced with new expensive Sprint Classic tyres.


As said, I collected them and the guy was a friendly Jaguar/Daimler nutter :-)
The tyres were indeed very good and the rims were pretty good too. As you can see on the tyres, there are still "hairs" on it with sufficient profile:




So now I need to find a company who can recondition and repaint them. But again, I'm still not in a hurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment