Saturday 12 January 2019

Aircopump Harrison A6 & Spark plugs replacement

Long story short, yesterday a revised aircopump was delivered at home. I was very happy with this service (company: www.aircoherstelservice.nl). The price was € 286,- with 2 year waranty, so a good deal in my opinion.


And today I was looking forward to continue my build up. The old one I could return once completed. It still had some hoses connected to it. Turns out these were very easily mounted, but I'm glad I still had the aircopump with me.





When mounting the hoses on the revised pump I found out by surprise the main bolt did not fit. In fact all the other mounting bolts did not fit either.


Turns out the threading of the revised aircopump was slightly different and using a finer thread:



The bolts used are having a common regular thread. So I'm unsure why the revised pump is using different finer threading. Clearly I'm not going to mess around with it. So I will seek contact with them in order to solve it.

So this meant I still could replace the spark plugs today (which had to be done prior to placing the pump). I had them double checked to be sure they are the right ones, and they are.


The first 4 spark plugs went ok and came out fairly easy. The next 2 however felt likely to be stuck. Although with force I could move them a tiny bit it did not felt right. So I stopped to avoid damage. I have them now soaked with WD40 hoping that will do the trick.


The other 6 spark plugs behind the other side of the distributor cap seems to be pretty difficult to reach as well. But I leave them for now until the front 6 six are all done. Hopefully no nasty surprises.

No comments:

Post a Comment