Saturday 26 January 2019

Airco Pump / Spark Plugs / Belts and Fan build up


http://erwinxjs.blogspot.com/2019/01/aircopump-harrison-a6-spark-plugs.html

So, here we are again. Although I was fairly happy last time with the aircopump supplier I have to say I got slightly annoyed by them. Reason being is the lack of response on my request to get the pump sorted out due to the different bolt thread used. I left them voicemail, email and what's app messages which simply did not got responded on. When I called their main number it got diverted to a mobile number. Which was a different number which I previously used to send him a whatsapp message. So when I whatsapp'd him I finally got a response back late in the evening. I was told to ship both pumps back so they could remount the backside. But the frontside also used different threading and I was told they would fix that as well. As I did not fancy to pay twice expensive shipping cost and the return of one I searched at another DIY shop with a more assorted bolt/nuts department. So I found the bolts with finer thread. But when trying today it still appeared to be a different size though, sigh! So I figured to remount the backside myself and fix the front screws. Not sure what to expect I obviously first dismantled the backside of the seized aircopump.


This went fairly easy and no surprising (nasty) things happened or became visible.


I noticed these typical (3) drill holes in the centre - not sure why that was done?



But since all looked good I went ahead and dismantled the refurbished pump. This was one was properly oiled and with a new seal:


 To my surprise this one had also the typical (3) drill holes in the centre:


In any case, I simply could place the cover backside with the proper threadings onto the revised pump. As for the front screws I simply forced them which worked out quite well. That threading was somehow not that fine but still slightly different. It only required slight force to adapt them. Glad that is sorted now!

And two decals that were on the old pump for the records. I only now noticed the remark regarding the metric threads for the mounting holes on the Original decal:



Still I had those 2 seized spark plugs to sort out as well before I could place the pump. Previously I used WD40 and them soaked. This time around I used penetration oil (kruipolie) which should be better. Although I doubt if it had any effect (don't think so). Effectively they came out using strong force. On the below you can see the threading just survived but it shows how stuck the lower part must have been. A pitty I don't have a good camera to make it more visible






In any case, the new ones all went in fine. Glad that's sorted as well. The remaining 6 ones will be done a different time. Likely that will require some work as well! To start with some dismantling to reach them. Who designed this!?

Now with the aircopump mounted I finally could fit all the belts and properly adjust and tension them.


And yes, I used all new Original Jaguar belts (4x), no immitation:

And last but not least I did mount the shiny yellow fan:


Nice to see it's slowly coming together again. I'm still awaiting the back order for all the new hoses. Maybe it will come next week. Hopefully the other paintwork is finished as well. Let's see.

No comments:

Post a Comment