Sunday 3 March 2019

Build up - more waterhoses, reservoir tank, wiring, dryer, cover bar, coolant and starting up

I can't believe it, I still haven't received the airco wiring harness (we are almost 4 weeks further). I got a message last week stating it now has passed the Dutch customs but it's still stuck in transit and not further shipped to my house, sigh!

Nevertheless I completed the build up further today. I had this specific AC pressure switch ordered as I want to be sure it's new and functioning ok (as I have no idea how to measure this item).



Mounted, only the wiring to be connected up:

I had also 3 screws orderd and now I was able to mount the new reservoir tank. I had also new caps included with the order. All looks nice and shiny now:



Refitted the fan so the wiring is now on top. And furthermore I mounted all the remaining waterhoses.


But I got 3 left which I was unable to identify, turend out these are waterhoses for the heaters, so maybe a job for another time.




Mounted the coverbar, the overflow piping and the dryer. The dryer barely fitted since it has slightly different sizing.

Mounting the condensor to the top coverbar did not work out 100% but it fits Ok except for one small screw.

All looks good and fine now.


And time to start! YES! it started in one go like it was yesterday. It ran very good, no noises or whastsoever. So time to fill it up with coolant:


Running again and unfortunately it started leaking:

NO! luckily it was at the banjo bolt. I had a new copper spacer used but likely I didn't  screw it tight enough.



On the 2nd run it ran leak free, phew! It's running very smooth, really pleased with it. It's still running a bit high on idle (1000 rpm) but am sure on a longer run and warmed up properly it will run a lower rpm..


So next time I can do the remaining pieces; the grill, bumpers and bonnet. And then do a real test drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment