Sunday 2 October 2016

Chrome fender trim removal

This was suppose to be the first item on my "to-do" list to get done as it's awfull. When I showed a picture of my latest purchase it was in fact the first remark someone made (and it did hurt - thanks Guido!).

The only thing I was affraid of was what would come out underneath. But today I had time left so let's get this done. It's just amazing, these things are just screwed straight into the body. Only one screw went bad and I had to use a grinder.

Luckily the outcome was it was mostly overall good and hardly no rust or whatsoever. Afterwards I washed out the wheel arches as there was a lot of dirt/sand/mud which will cause rust. Still the paint does require a good cleaning and the inner arches perhaps a little respraying. But for now it will suffice.

BEFORE:




AFTER:





I'm very happy with this cosmetic improvement. Makes the car more quiet and clean.

2 comments:

  1. Those wheel arch trims are from the Liberance catalogue of vehicle accoutrements.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You still have the chrome fenders ? And if so, you want to sell ?

    ReplyDelete