Saturday 10 June 2017

Paint it black - Part II

It has been a while since I have been doing some activity on the XJS. This is due to a few reasons: other cars :-) and a holiday break and doing other work in the "garage". Also with the weather getter better and warmer I don't feel like doing much. And last but not least I'm saving up a little for buying tooling. So I anticipate after the summer I will do more mechanics on the car. Till then I will look occassionly into the cosmetics. We want a shiney beauty after all. So today I finally took care of the painting of the other door (as per blog: http://erwinxjs.blogspot.nl/2017/04/paint-it-black.html). Prior to this I took the car out for a little spin and it's running nicely. Next week I will take it out to a car and aeroplane show: http://cca-seppe.nl/ I hope I can make some nice piccies with some old aeroplane.

Todays painting did not went completely flawless, so I think I need to sand and paint a little piece again but overall I'm happy with the end result as it looks less "shabby" / ""worn out" now.

All masked off, good old newspaper and tape:


Eroded edges:


Fresh paint:




No comments:

Post a Comment