Friday 30 September 2016

Jaguar XJ-S HE brochure + Price List

It was bound to happen, I purchased the first XJS brochure. And I have no intention to buy any other. Promiss. It’s just that I like mostly all aspects of a car. As such that includes the original matching brochure that belongs to the car. I’m still overwhelmed by the sheer amount of information and documentation Available for this car. This is no different  for the brochures. Reason for searching it was the following brochure picture I came across (at least I think it was a brochure):



I liked the very detailed and clear picture of the engine. As such I wanted to have this particular brochure. The picture also showed it had this specific topped off air nipple on the manifold which I noticed on the last maintenance I was doing. Apparently this is supposed to be original so I’m not missing any disconnected hose or such. I’m still unsure of it’s purpose though, perhaps it can be used for testing / diagnostics?

In any case I also noticed this engine bay did had specific relays which were not mounted in my engine bay. As such I figured this brochure had to be of a later HE series then mine. I was keen to get the correct brochure though. So I just had a look on Ebay and found a brochure that did mention it was from ca 1983. Since my car is delivered early 1984  this had to be the right one for my car, so I made an offer and agreed in the middle.



The brochure was offered in Germany and arrived this week. And by great surprise it did contain an original Dutch pricelist by the British Leylands importer in Gouda. What a welcomed gift!



Needless to say I’m very happy with this. Also the brochure was in good shape and about the first XJS HE series. Cool. And that all for 11,95 Euro including shipping.

The brochure and pricelist will be made available in the download folder.


No comments:

Post a Comment